He produces or modifies spare parts on conventional machines: lathes, milling machines, boring machines, etc
Spare parts are usually unique or produced in small quantities.
RECAERO, specialized in spare parts, owns a wide range of traditional lathe and milling machines. These production means are very useful for short cycles and low rated production.
- Work mainly located in the workshop and brings the worker to communicate with technical engineers and method technicians.
- A turner-miller often works alone. He has to produce by himself toolings, blocks or other means in order to respect the dimensions and industrialization requirements.
- Workshop organization and customers’ needs implies shifts: 2x8, 3x8 hours per day
- A conventional machine is less “characterized” than a CNC machine that requires a strict respect of health and safety rules: protection glasses, gloves, etc
- Reading and interpretation of drawings, technical documentation, study office and preparation office documentation, etc
- Good knowledge of manufacturing raw materials (steel, stainless steel, titanium, cooper alloys, etc) and cutting conditions
- Use of inspection tools
- Basic level of maintenance and technical support of machines
- French BAC (BEP) in computer aided mechanical production